Our year in review
So as 2016 draws to a close we wanted to take this chance to look back at what has been an incredible year for GB Fit. It has only been our second year of action as a club, but we have achieved so much. Here are just some of the highlights:
• Co Founder Sharon Gill won the WAKO European Championships again, making her the reigning World and European Champion.
• Co Founder Dan Blythe passed his 3rd Degree Black Sash in Lau Gar kung fu and also ran his first 100km ultra marathon, coming 11th out of 200.
• We opened our gym.
• Aston Cook joined us as an instructor, teaching both fitness and Little Dragons classes.
• Cory Cook, Izzy Whitmore and Rio Williams all became World Champions, by winning the WAKO Junior World Championships. This also makes Cory the reigning World and European Champion.
• Izzy Whitmore also passed her 1st Degree Black Sash in Lau Gar kung fu.
• We have been to Ireland, Austria, Italy, Croatia, Holland, Belgium and Greece and have won more international and domestic medals and trophies then we have been able to add up.
• Every one of our students (apart from the black sash’s) have graded at least once this year and everyone has progressed in their traditional kung fu.
• We are finishing the year with a record number of students across the club.
It has been a phenomenal year for us and our students. We are still a new club, but are very proud of what we have achieved already. Loong may it continue! We cannot wait for 2017! Well done to all of GB Fit. The members and parents are what makes us so good. The effort you have put in this year and the support you have given us has been second to none.
Have a great Christmas break everyone.