30 September 2019: Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts
Sharon and Dan are very pleased to have been awarded the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts for GB Fit, along with other Guardians and clubs from across the British Kung Fu Association.
The Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts has been created to give parents and carers peace of mind when searching for martial arts clubs suitable for children or adults in their care. Funded by the National Lottery, this scheme was launched by the Sports Minister in early 2018 and is delivered through a group of partners and experts in safeguarding such as the Child Protection in Sport Unit (NSPCC) and Sport England.
As such, any martial arts club/organisation or individual in England who has achieved the Safeguarding Code in Martial Arts, has successfully demonstrated that they have a good working knowledge of quality safeguarding practices will be able to reassure parents and carers that they have the following in place:
– Disclosure and Barring Service Check for all coaches, staff and volunteers (this indicated if a person has a conviction to their name)
– Safeguarding awareness training for all coaches, staff and volunteers
– All coaches will have hold a minimum coaching standard or coaching qualification
– A Safeguarding Policy
– A Safe Practice Policy
– Insurance documentation
– A reporting system for reporting participants’ safety and welfare
– A complaints process for parents and all participants
– Code of Conduct for children/young people, coaches/volunteers and parents