8 January 2017 – Daz Ellis Open in Solihull
The first tournament kicked off yesterday with Team Bristol on top form at the Daz Ellis Open in Solihull. We had lots of competitors representing us from 7-17yrs old and everyone did themselves proud.
For some, it’s the start of a new year, so moving up sections and fighting bigger and older opponents can be hard at first, but after a while will get used to it and will be back on that winning form again. For others it was their first big tournament and was very nerve racking, but showed will and determination and the ‘never giving up attitude’ that we like to embed into our students.
Well done to everyone who fought, full list and results below.
1. Eli Star – 3rd (first tournament)
2. Rosie Ryan – 2nd (first tournament)
3. Hayden Challenger – 2 x 1st -28kgs advanced
4. Louis Marks – 2nd & 3rd advanced
5. Jasmine Marks – 1st advanced
6. Jack Sowersby – 1st intermediate
7. James Baker – 1st intermediate
8. Liam Holden -2 x 2nd advanced (member of the gb ten person tag team that won)
9. Rio Williams – 2 x 1st advanced
10. Grace Chandler – 2 x 2nd advanced
11. Izzy Whitmore – 2 x 3rd advanced
12. Cory Cook – 2 x 1st advanced
13. Aston Cook ( member of the gb ten person tag team that won)
14. Tyler Fearon – moved up from beginners to intermediate
15. Emily Rowland – moved up a weight and into advanced
16. Luke Birch – moved up from beginners to intermediate
17. Ishana Moores – 2 x 1st, 1 x 2nd.